Hi all! I was nominated not once but twice for the Liebster Blog Award. Being that I’m so new to blogging I was shocked and appreciative. So a big thank you goes out to Hannah Garner @wordsmithobservations.wordpress.com and to Fernanda Guevara @simplyfernanda.wordpress.com. I’m thankful that they took the time to read my work and give me a nudge of support. Please check out their blogs and help support their writing endeavors.
What is the Liebster Blog Award? Well, I didn’t fully comprehend it at first either. The Liebster Award is an award that is given by fellow blog authors to blogs that have less than 200 followers. The word liebster is German and means beloved. So there you have it. I have a blog in its infancy that’s beloved. 🙂
In order to accept the award there are rules to follow and here they are:
So I have already thanked the lovely ladies that nominated me. I’ve also explained the meaning and rules. Instead of answering both sets of 11 questions, I will answer some of Hannah’s questions and some of Fernanda’s questions. Then I will be going around and nominating the blogs I have chosen to pass this award to. NOT before I give the 11 random facts about me though. Here goes!
- What made you pursue writing?
- It’s just in me. Writing is a need. Getting thoughts out of this head feels amazing. I love the finished product. I love that I have the ability to do it and I’m using my gift.
- What is the most important event/events that have grown you into the person you are today?
- Everything. There is nothing in my life that hasn’t helped shape the mold of who I am. Life IS an event filled with extras and side shows. I can’t pinpoint one thing because even though I’ve had many occurrences in my life, I try to take my time and learn from my experiences. I know this sounds vague but it’s my truth.
- Describe yourself in one sentence.
- I am an extroverted-introvert with an old soul.
- If you could meet anyone past or present, who would it be?
- I would want to meet my father now. No, I don’t want to die! I wish there was a way for him to come back. I want to know who he would have become and if/how he would have changed for himself and his grandchildren. I crave his thoughts on what I’ve done with my life. I want his guidance on my writing and I need his help with my book.
- What are principles that you try to live your life by?
- Awareness, Growth, Honesty, Humility, Compassion
- If you could pack up and live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be and why?
- I’d live in a house near the beach in Byron Bay, Australia. I want to live by the beach and that particular location is far enough away that I will feel like I’ve made a total life change without sacrificing things like schooling for my kids and modern way of life. Meaning we would have indoor toilets and kitchen appliances. Also, Id love to meet the locals and the tourists that come to visit. Maybe my best friend Sal will move there first. Then he could show me around and I could buy my house next to his! Australia is his dream spot.
- Do you believe in supernatural things and why?
- Yes I do and because there are many things in this world and in life that can’t be explained by science alone. Not everything is black and white. Except my husband and I, but that’s another story. He’s black and I’m white. 🙂
- What motivates/inspires you to do what you do in life?
- Just wanting equally as good AND much better than what I grew up with. To be the person I needed when I was growing up and to be that person for my kids. The goals are stability, focusing on happiness and success. Success for each member of my family, in whatever form that comes in.
- What is one superpower you’d like to have and how would you use it?
- Mind reading. I would have a field day if I knew what everyone was REALLY thinking. I think I could be more open and sarcastic while avoiding people who are two-faced.
- What is a bizarre talent of yours?
- Does over thinking count as a talent? lol Um… I guess it would be that I can bend my thumb down to touch my wrist and forearm while spreading my fingers apart like Spock. haha
- Which song do you feel most connected to or you feel describes you?
- Gives You Hell by All American Rejects. That song cracks me up. It has been a tribute to certain people in my life that have done wrong by me. It’s always a good feeling to land on your feet even after people and life screws you over and that song defines that emotion for me.
My weird Spock/thumb hand thing…
So that’s my 11 questions answered. Now for my 11 random facts. Gee-wiz this is a long post!
11 random facts about me
- I have freckles on my inner thigh that form the little dipper and 5 tattoos mostly on my forearms.
- When I cook, and I do almost everyday I usually bow out of cleaning the kitchen. I despise dishes so much that this issue was brought up in pre-marital counselling with my husband and pastor. It was one of the things my husband hates about me but had to decide if he could live with. Sorry Justin….
- When I was younger I wanted to learn how to play violin and play in an orchestra.
- I have a godson that I moved away from when he was 2 months old. Now He’s starting high school next year and I deeply regret not being there for him.
- Raising 2 girls is so fun and rewarding but it scares the crap out of me. Everyday.
- I love all animals but our fish is my favorite.
- I love deep conversations about anything.
- The piece of writing I am most proud of in my life is my psychological evaluation of Hannibal Lecter. I wrote it when I was in high school and I got an A+.
- Although I don’t do it very often anymore, I can draw and paint well.
- One of my insecurities is my age. The years I’ve been alive do not dictate the amount of wisdom I’ve acquired and I feel like many people judge based solely on age. On the flip side of that, sometimes I don’t see eye to eye with the life perspectives of my own peers. This kind of leaves me in some weird limbo when it comes to making and keeping friends.
- While I miss my parents terribly, ultimately I’m glad they passed away. Their own inner turmoil needed to end and my freedom from them has been vital to my personal growth.
The 11 questions I chose for my nominee’s
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- Is there a favorite plant or flower that makes you stop and appreciate its beauty? What is it? If not, what does spark that reaction in you?
- What makes you feel connected with the world when you feel out-of-place?
- If you have children, what have you learned about yourself through raising them? If you don’t have children, have you been personally affected by a child and how?
- Do you think you could handle being a special needs parent? Why?
- Who is someone in your life that you’ve lost that resulted in a total change in you? How did you change? Note: The loss can be due to death but doesn’t have to be.
- If Earth was due to explode in 1 week would you seek out a new planet or hang out and explode with Earth? Why?
- Name a special memory you have that’s tied to the weather or a season.
- Do you verbally communicate as well as you write? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- What would need to change in your life in order for you to truly live out your dreams?
I’m going to head off and make my nominations. I hope you’ve enjoyed my Liebster Blog Award post. I enjoyed writing it! Thanks again to Hannah and Fernanda. You guys are awesome!
In the words of Porky Pig, (and Warner Bros.)